You’re thrilled your new apartment has its own laundry hookups. No more having to wait on other residents to be finished with the community washers and dryers or lugging sacks of clothing over to the coin laundry. But you’ve noticed one minor concern. Your compact laundry nook doesn’t have much storage for other supplies. Wondering how to best use your restricted space? Check out these simple small apartment laundry solutions in Fishers.
Recommendations For Optimizing Your Small Apartment Laundry Closet in Fishers
When making your list of essential amenities, a laundry area was placed at the top. But now that it’s a reality, you’re concerned about where to store everything. Although the area may be limited, you can make it work with the following recommendations:
- Vertical shelving: In cramped spots, sometimes you need to think vertically. A nice upright shelving unit is typically a great option for a laundry closet or compact laundry room. Despite being only five, maybe six inches wide, you’ll get a nice amount of room for your sprays and detergents. You could even have a little extra shelving space for general household cleaners.
- Rolling storage carts: You know that limited amount of room you have close to your dryer or washing machine (or possibly between them)? You can purchase mobile laundry storage carts designed particularly for those spaces. Made around five wide, these helpful small apartment laundry closet solutions in Fishers can slide in just about anywhere. And they’re perfect for storing your stain removers, dryer sheets, detergents, and other supplies.
- Over-the-door ironing board with iron holder: You know the ironing board that’s leaning next to the wall of your dining room? There’s a better spot for it. A door-mounted holder is an ideal, space-optimizing remedy. It’s affordable, a breeze to hang, and most are available with a small compartment for your iron and fabric spray. Grabbing your ironing board and getting ready for a fun night out in your new area couldn’t be easier.
- Curtains: Does your compact laundry spot lack a door? Some budget-friendly curtains will work to seal the area when it’s not being used. Thanks to a seemingly endless number of styles and colors, you’ll be able to find curtains that coordinate with your decor. Use a spring-loaded extendable rod to hold them up. And when you’re doing laundry and need a spot to air dry clothing, guess what you can use?
- Baskets: Metal shelving is a common element of laundry nooks. While handy, it also has a tendency to make your supplies fall over when they’re not situated just right. Instead of having a jumbled pile of tipped-over bottles of stain remover and detergent, try baskets. They’ll assist you in keeping things organized, and they are attractive too!
Find A Rental With A Laundry Room In Fishers
Now that you know how to optimize your laundry room, it’s time to find an apartment that has one! The Hamilton Luxury Apartment Homes boasts spacious apartments with the included laundry hookups you want. You’ll also enjoy a selection of other excellent amenities in this sought-after community. Contact 317-900-4375 to talk with a courteous team member or just schedule a tour to get started.