How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Fishers
Remote work is here to stay for numerous people, whether you live in a multi-bedroom house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the benefit of an additional bedroom to serve as your home office, but you are still able to create a worthy place to work. Check out these straightforward suggestions and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in Fishers.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Fishers
- Pick an appropriate desk. Finding a properly sized desk to fit your area is important. If you’re using a laptop, the desk only has to be around 20 inches deep. The surface ought to be about 28 inches off the floor and may be as wide as you want it. Ensure you have area for an additional monitor. You'll be glad you have it when you have PDFs up, a video meeting going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really short on square footage? Choose a two-tier foldable desk you can stow away when it’s not in use.
- Where could your desk go? If you can slide your desk conveniently into a corner, wonderful! But you may have to get more inventive when arranging. A slim desk can be situated directly behind a sofa. You could use a small rug and lamp to identify the spot as your office. An empty wall on one side of a room will also work. Place some pictures or keep a plant on your desk so you aren’t looking at a boring wall all day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re limited on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Move it next to your bed and let it serve as a nightstand. Or forgo a desk and work at your bartop or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These home office add-ons work perfectly when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have more area for whatever you need and can easily blend shelving into your room’s unique aesthetic.
Would You Like A Change Of Pace? Consider Your Property’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for an alternative in your own living quarters? Implement a compact standing desk so you can move around and stretch out. An inexpensive laptop stand may help get your device at the right height.
Here are some extra space-saving things you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Fishers:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely under your desk
- Small storage compartments that attach to the your monitor
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and kids
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At The Hamilton Luxury Apartment Homes
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at The Hamilton Luxury Apartment Homes. We have many different floor plans available to fit your needs for living and working. Arrange a tour of our Fishers property or reach out to us at 317-900-4375 if you need more information.