When you’re looking for a place to live, you’ll discover different types of apartment buildings in Fishers. Almost all can be placed into the following classifications: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which kind of property is the right choice? Understanding the pros and cons of each one will help you figure out what type of apartment you wish to move to.
The Pros And Cons Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings usually consist of ten or more stories. You’ll spot them in downtown areas where their height lets them lodge lots of people within a modest horizontal area. Individuals who appreciate living in high-rise apartments choose them because:
- High-rise options give you amazing views of Fishers.
- They’re downtown within walking distance shops, dining, and entertainment. Many high-rises even feature stores or restaurants on their ground floor.
- They will lower your commute time if you have a job or attend school within the city.
- High-rise buildings include elevators, so you never have to climb a staircase.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your neighbors make their home in the same building. This may provide a more meaningful sense of community as you converse in the lobby or when taking the elevator. You could even benefit the service of a concierge or porter.
Even with its distinct perks, living in a high-rise isn’t for everyone. Coming home to an urban high-rise is entertaining and exciting for some people, but odds are you won’t love it if you need space and solitude. Departing for the day can also take a few more minutes when living in a high-rise, and an urban center may have a scarcity of nearby parking spots. To conclude, high-rise apartments might be tiny to be able to accommodate more residences into a set amount of space.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When considering different types of apartment buildings in Fishers, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style choices are the opposite ofhigh-rise properties. They usually consist of four or fewer levels and are situated in the suburbs. You frequently see multiple low-rise structures within one property with a wealth of space surrounding them.
So why should you consider a low-rise over other types of apartment buildings in Fishers?
- Low-rise properties feature more apartments on the ground floor, providing effortless access out of the building.
- Low-rise apartments often offer more [parking places for Residents and visitors.
- You’ll find more outside area to enjoy if you have a pet or a preference for nature views beyond your window rather than a bustling city street.
- You’ll come home to the quieter suburbs.
- You share hallways and common spaces with fewer folks and have more seclusion.
However, not all people seeks these perks. If you have a preference for the excitement and entertainment of downtown life, a low-key low-rise property won’t be a good fit. Depending on the location of your school or office, you might be faced with a long drive from your low-rise apartment as well.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings feature five to nine floors. You’ll find these structures in both downtown and suburban areas, so they blend the advantages of other types of apartment buildings in Fishers:
- When finding a mid-rise apartment in outlying areas, you’ll enjoy a quiet community and outdoor space blended with the camaraderie of habitating in a taller building.
- When choosing a mid-rise apartment in downtown Fishers, you won’t encounter as many occupants as a high-rise but you can still enjoy the thrill of city living.
Can’t Decide The Type Of Apartment Building You Like? Take A Tour Of Lovely The Hamilton Luxury Apartment Homes
At The Hamilton, we blend a lovely property with a popular area to offer a wonderful place to live. Call 317-900-4375 or schedule a tour to view our comfortable apartments and luxury amenities for yourself.